Do you struggle with consistency? Do you to-yo often? Does your weight go up and down the whole time? Do you have great weeks and terrible weeks? Do you describe yourself as ‘all or nothing?’ If you answer YES to any of the above, then I write this blog post for you.
I used to be like that. I used to yo-yo all the time. I also have vague recollections of trying to get fit. I’d go absolutely hell for leather and then convince myself it was too tough and quit. I’ve done low carbs, gone restrictive on calories, and protein shakes. I did all sorts of classes, fads and the latest things going, and I’m really happy to tell you now what 100%, unequivocally works for your mind, your soul, your body and your health, tried and tested over the past 12 years with my wonderful clients.
Here’s what doesn’t work:
- Calorie counting:
- Weighting yourself:
- Weighing your food:
- Doing exercise you hate:
- Doing thing that don’t work with your lifestyle:
- High fat, high protein:
- Cutting out food groups:
- Exercise that doesn’t make you break a sweat:
- Machines in the gym:
- Hour Long workouts that you do 2-3 times per week:
- Hating on yourself:
- Not enjoying what you’re doing:
- Having no consistent accountability or support:
What does work:
- Exercise that rocks! Which is a mix of interval training, resistance training and core work!
- Consistent workouts that are 30 minutes long, that you do more often:
- Healthy Food:
- Eating at the right times, suited to your lifestyle:
- Eating all food groups:
- Enjoying your food:
- Eating healthy food that you like:
- Taking it day by day:
- Enjoying the workouts you do:
- Focusing on fitting well in your clothes rather than what you weigh:
- Fitting your exercise around your lifestyle:
- You have support and accountability:
Staying healthy means doing things that work for you! Being healthy is not about weighing yourself. It shouldn’t feel negative or a chore. If it does, I promise you, it doesn’t have to be like that! You know you’re winning with health when you’re feeling mighty, happy, in control and calm. When you’re feeling fit and strong, and not too much thought has to go into it.
If you’re now currently struggling, it may be that all you have known is just not working for you. And that’s good! A simple switch in your mindset or program is sometimes all it takes.