The weight loss industry has messed with peoples heads so much, that when it comes to losing weight, and getting on track, so many people are unsure in themselves about what the best thing to do is.
You don’t need to eat anything that’s not normal food to lose weight. You don’t need any type of meal replacement or shakes or pills or teas. Everything you need to feel great and fit great in your clothes, can be bought at your local food shops.
The problem that I see again and again is that many people have such a lack of confidence in themselves, that it stops them from moving forward and actually taking action. It’s like the power of decision making has been taken from them, they are frozen, unsure what to do, because they don’t trust themselves enough.
A great place to start when you’re losing weight, or getting fit, or training for an event, or changing careers, is to build up your confidence in yourself so you can firstly, actually believe you can achieve it, so you won’t self-sabotage. And secondly, so you start to develop the ability that when things get tough, and you struggle, which you will, you still believe and know in your heart you’re going to achieve the goal, so mini-failures along the way won’t bother you.
Love the way you look and feel.
My team & I are waiting to help.
I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. Michael Jordan
And that is the absolute key to success! Confidence first, competence in what you’re doing second. Confidence in yourself is critical to your success.
You can’t let your body hold you back. If you’re over weight, and your clothes are too tight, it can be extremely difficult to feel confident, no matter how much you try. Taking care of your body and your health will give you the confidence you need.
Here are some tips, that if you follow them, not only will you fit great and feel great in your clothes, but you build up an un-shakeable confidence and belief in yourself.
- Workout 3 times a week. Resistance training has got to be part of your workouts. You’ll build lean muscle, get your metabolism nice and high, and that’ll make your life easier when it comes to losing weight and feeling good.
- Drink lots of water every day. You get lethargic, cranky, and unfocused when you don’t drink enough water. I know it can be a pain, but isn’t that such a quick win?
- Eat healthy 6 days per week, with an evening off at the weekend. Eat nourishing healthy foods, eating 5 times in the day. Breakfast, lunch and dinner, with two small snacks.
- Get rid of late night eating on the couch. This will stop you from getting anywhere, if you continue to have even a few. It’s no good for you and undo’s EVERYTHING you may have done in the day.
- Get to bed by 10:30pm and read a good book for a half hour.
- Do Priming/Meditation/Affirmations first thing in the morning.
- Get your weight down to a weight you feel happiest at, and don’t stop until you get there. Excess weight has such a detrimental effect on our confidence.
- Get out in the fresh air often.
- Write your goals down every day.
- Cut out negative people and ignore peoples judgement of you.
- Sounds simple but cut alcohol out of your life if it isn’t serving you. Keep it to one night at the weekend or every second week, but any more than that wrecks your ability to think straight. You will not know the glorious benefits of this until you try it.
Hope this helps even in a small way. Would love to hear from you, comment below, Jessica X