Grilled Pork Chops with Tomato & Asparagus
If you want to whip up something really healthy and easy, try this! Lovely with a side salad or baked potato too.
4 (about 1-inch thick each) bone-in pork chops
1 teaspoon salt, divided
1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
1 bunch asparagus
1 cup cherry tomatoes
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1/4 cup pesto,
1/4 cup basil leaves for garnish, optional
- 1Rub pork chops with 2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper on both sides. Cover and allow to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- 2Oil the grate of a grill and set to medium heat. Add chops and grill for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through. Internal temperature taken with a meat thermometer should read 145 to 160 degrees.
- 3Toss the asparagus in 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add alongside the pork chops, after the chops have cooked for 15 minutes.
- 4Drizzle cherry tomatoes with 1/2 tablespoon oil and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of salt and pepper.
- 5Grill asparagus and tomatoes for about 5 minutes, until asparagus is slightly tender and tomato skins have blackened a bit in places. After removing pork chops from grill, allow to rest 5 minutes before serving. Cover veggies until ready to serve
- 6Serve asparagus and tomatoes alongside pork chops and drizzle with pesto.
Top Tips with this Recipe!
This recipe is so tasty with potatoes too, a perfect post workout dinner.