When things feel like they’re out of control and you don’t feel grounded, the most natural feeling the world can be to stop any sort of routine you have. But that really is the WORSE thing you can do because it’s through routine we stay grounded and calm.
Having a good routine really helps with stress and also gives you small wins throughout the day by accomplishing the tasks you have in your routine. When you write down your healthy routine and build everything around it, it helps in so many ways.
A healthy routine makes sure you don’t just spend your whole time focused on work. It gives you something for yourself during the week. It helps you feel good. It forces you to take time out and relax. It helps you be more productive, because you’re taking time out to relax. It helps you keep focused on the bigger picture of life. It keeps you grounded and in control because every day, you’re controlling the controllables!
Here’s what you can control every day!
- Make your bed every morning first thing
- Take breaks throughout the day
- Get fresh air
- Read a few pages of a book
- Have a chat
- Listen to a 5 minute uplifting podcast/Youtube video of someone who lifts you up
- Drink 2 litres of water
- Eat Breakfast, lunch and dinner at a table
- Write of list of all the things you want to do in your life
- Make a Vision Board
- Set and update 1, 3 and 5 year goals
- Go for a walk
- Go for a cycle or a run
- Plan a hike
- Go to a cafe (outside for the minute) for a coffee
- Clean a room of the house
- Clean the car
- De clutter your house
- De clutter your wardrobe
- Have a coffee in the garden (under an umbrella probably but it still feels good)
When you plan your week around your small health goals, you feel grounded in control and calm. You don’t have to schedule big things to feel good. Picking things off the list above is all it takes.
I hope this helps. You can grab helpful free stuff in the free tools section of my website here