A lack of confidence prevents you from living the life you deserve.
You feel overweight, you’re not fit, your confidence has taken a knock. It may have been an event that happened to you, or a gradual, slow, decline of your confidence. Someone may have chipped away at it, or someone from your past is having a lasting effect.
So are you going to be the victor or the victim?
The victim, who never gets to rise from the ashes, and prove everyone wrong. The victim, who stays in a protected shell and won’t try or do anything new, for fear of failure and humiliation. You may be overweight, or unfit and comfort eat, who says no to trying new things.
The victim, who never feels worthy enough, always feels below their peers, and feels others have a right to walk all over them. The victim, who doesn’t value themselves as much as they value others, and puts other peoples needs before their own.
Or you can be the Victor.
You’ve taken a knock, you don’t feel great about yourself,, but you’re going to prove to yourself, and everyone else, who you really are. You’re going to rise up, tackle and challenge the current situation you’re in, the feelings you have about yourself. You’re determined to change.
You’re committed and ready, to grow as a person and live your best life.
Below are 7 strategies that helped me overcome those feelings of low self-worth, and achieve everything I have to date because of it.
- Number one, the biggest secret of all : Get Fit. Commit three times per week to exercise and watch as you grow, mentally and physically. It’s unbelievable and still blows my mind every time, to think of the power of exercise and what it does to people’s lives. It’s insane and you only know until you actually do it.
- Find someone you admire and listen to them. Someone who shares the same core values as you do. It may be a mentor, or someone you follow on youtube, someone you can tap into when you’re having a bad day, or when you need a bit of guidance. You can feed off their energy, re-align yourself, and feel good again.
- Do something very challenging, that the thought terrifies you, once per month. e.g public speaking, water-sports, meet up group, join a class that you never normally would e.g. pottery.
- Eat well. Bad food just makes us feel bad. Commit to eating clean 5 days per week. Your mood will change, and you’ll physically look better, which will in turn will help your confidence.
- Decide why you’re here. What’s your purpose. Do you want to help people? Be a really great person? Open your own business? Travel the world? Go to, or go back to collage? What is it you want? Map it out.
- Cut ALL people from your life who have a negative impact. This is one of my favourites. So powerful and so addictive, once you start doing it, you won’t be able to stop! Who cares if you’re left with 3 friends? Who wants lots of friends??????
- Be part of a community who believe in the same things you do, somewhere you feel understood, that has like-minded people there. We only take on members at Inspire Fitness, who we feel will fit in well with our core values. It’s important that you feel part of a community that makes sense to you, and is in line with the values and beliefs that you have.
It’s not easy, but is anything worth fighting for easy? No. It’s easy to watch TV. Do you get a buzz form watching T.V? No, its just a bad habit, best left to one hour per day max.
Increasing your confidence is the number one way to becoming the best version of yourself,
and living your best life. And what are you going to do if anyone feels like you’re getting ahead of yourself?
Cut them out of your life.