Top 10 Healthy Snacks to Keep you Full
Hey guys! ❤️ 💛 💚 💜💙
I used to yo-yo with my weight for years, and when my business took off and I got crazy busy, I only made time for 3 meals. Which meant I had big long gaps between meals, and I gained weight!
I only finally lost the 42 pounds when I started snacking again. Snacking helps keep your metabolism high, and it also helps control your hunger around dinner time… you won’t rush home absolutely starving! 😂😂😂
I used to get home and want to eat the actual fridge, not just it’s contents ‼️‼️
Stuck for tonight's dinner?
Why not try my current favourite recipe? It's nutritious, fat-burning, and ready in 10 minutes.
Enter your details for immediate access >>
So below are they types of snacks I eat, that help keep hunger at bay and your metabolism high. I hope you find it useful, please share this post with others if you do. 💜💜
They’re really the perfect snack – high in protein, high in fibre, and packed full of all-natural energy. Not only will you feel satisfied from just a handful of these nuts, you’ll also rev up your metabolism.
2. Guacamole Bruschetta
Avocado is high in fiber, protein, and healthy fats to get you burning more calories.
- ½ loaf French bread
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tomatoes, medium chopped
- 2 avocados, medium chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Slice the French bread on the diagonal into half an inch rounds and place on a baking sheet.
- Place bread in the oven and toast for three minutes, then turn each piece over and toast an additional three minutes.
- Remove the toasted bread from the oven and immediately grind with the clove of garlic (it works best to first cut a small tip off the garlic clove so that the oils will seep out).
- Brush the tops of the garlic-rubbed toasts with olive oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped tomatoes, avocado, onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper. Mix together gently making sure the avocado is well coated in the lime juice.
- Spoon a portion of the mixture onto each of the garlic toasts and serve.
3. Kale Chips
Kale is a nutritionally dense vegetable that can serve an important role in any healthy diet. Buy them prepared or make them on your own with a little olive oil and some seasoning.
4. Carrots & Hummus
10 organic baby carrots, 2 tablespoons of regular or seasoned hummus – one of the most convenient healthy snacks to keep on hand.
5. Greek Yogurt with Chia Seeds & Fruit
Non-fat Greek yogurt is a great snack to have on hand, with a ton of protein to keep you satisfied and boost your metabolism. Top with some berries or kiwi and Chia Seeds – they’re high in omega-3 fatty acids to help you burn even more calories!
6. Cottage Cheese with Honey
Cottage cheese is another great snack. Enjoy it on its own, or sweeten it up just like yogurt with a bit of honey or some fruit. Pineapple is one of my favorite fruits to pair with cottage cheese.
7. Black Bean Salad:
¼ cup of black beans (from can, drained and rinsed), 1 tablespoon of salsa, and 1 tablespoon of non-fat plain Greek yogurt – mix together and refrigerate for 30 minutes before enjoying.
8. Bananas with Dark Chocolate Drizzle
Need something a little more indulgent? Slice up a banana into 1-inch pieces and arrange on a plate. In a small bowl, melt 2-3 squares of dark chocolate (70% or higher) and drizzle onto the banana.
9. Apple Slices with Cinnamon
A simple snack, both the apple and cinnamon contain metabolism enhancing properties to burn fat and help you lose the weight. The cinnamon also helps suppress your appetite, avoiding those annoying cravings.
10. Vanilla & Banana Smoothie:
½ of a banana, ¼ cup of vanilla flavoured non-fat Greek yogurt – blend and serve.
To your health,