Low-carb Snacks to eat when you’re trying to be healthy
The biggest struggle many of my clients face is time, or a lack of time. When their schedule changes, one of the first things that gets dropped, is taking care of themselves.
Are you like this too?
You’ve a really busy day so you don’t eat properly, or enough at the right times. An important meeting at work, a really busy day, getting home late, an unexpected appointment, it all leads to you not nourishing yourself.
So how can we fix this?
We can fix this by giving you a list of snacks that you can keep in your fridge and your handbag. As I write this, I’ve just eaten two boiled eggs, and now I won’t feel like eating the entire fridge, when it’s dinner time. 😀
Stuck for tonight's dinner?
Why not try my current favourite recipe? It's nutritious, fat-burning, and ready in 10 minutes.
Enter your details for immediate access >>
Being prepared is the single best thing you can do for yourself. You always feel bad when you eat bad food, but you don;t always notice how good you feel when you eat good food. But know that it is doing wonders for your physical and mental health, and as you get older, it’s just so important you look after yourself.
So take a screenshot of this, or save the post, and get to the shops once a week, and stock your fridge!
- 2 boiled eggs. While you’re flying around in the morning, the eggs can be boiling. Or you can make them the night before. Through in a container in your handbag and you’re good to go.
- Fruit. Banana, apples, pears, berries. Put a piece in your bag, and eat it between meals, even if you’re not hungry. It’ll keep your metabolism high, and stop you from over-eating at night time.
- Nuts. Almonds, cashews, peanuts. But a portion is 10-15 so be careful 🙂
- Hummus with celery sticks. Watch your portions ( 4 teaspoons plenty)
- Soup. On cold days, it can be so filling and warming… and so nutritious!
- Meat: Chicken or turkey if you;re avoiding red meat. One breast is perfect 🙂
- Oatcakes or ryvita with some kind of nut butter
- Tuna can with a little salad, or on its own.
- If you want to get into cooking your snacks, banana bread bites, egg muffins, energy balls all great! You can google the recipes or stay posted on my blog for the video recipes next week!
When you’re prepared, you have such a high chance of being successful.
Workout and eat well to feel good, and you’ll stay motivated and consistent.