7 Signs you’re making weight loss harder than it is
Are you struggling to lose weight and get fit? Many women do. The weight loss industry sucks. I hate it. It sets people up for failure. How many of you could write the book on nutrition? How many of you know how to lose weight, and have done it already, but put it back on?
The weight loss industry has taught us to be obsessed with all the wrong things. The weighing scales, what we weigh, weighing food, portion control, eating every 3 hours, prepping, planning… agghhhh!!! That’s a new thing that has blown up. People have lost weight pre-preppping days too you know! It’s non-stop and people feed into it. I see it ALL THE TIME.
Stuck for tonight's dinner?
Why not try my current favourite recipe? It's nutritious, fat-burning, and ready in 10 minutes.
Enter your details for immediate access >>
Not getting results this month? OK add this! Try this! NO NO NO. STOP. Bring it all back to basics. Here we go.
Signs that you’re making your weight loss harder than it is ?
- You’re obsessed with food. You’re going way over-board and you know deep down you’re not going to be able to sustain it.
- You’re not getting results so you keep adding things to your diet. Spices, teas, shakes, in the hope that that will fix everything.
- You’re obsessed with fads and you’re always looking for the next thing.
- You’re sick and tired of everything to do with health and fitness. I don’t blame you by the way, there’s reason enough to be depressed by this industry.
- You weigh yourself at least once a week.
- You workout to bun off the ‘bad food’ you’ve eaten.
If this rings true you’ve got to stop. This is depressing and getting you nowhere.
You’ve got to start again, re-write the book. Plan for next week to workout to feel good and be healthy. You’ve got to stop weighing yourself and judge how you’re getting on by whether your clothes fit or not…. What the hell do you care what you weigh? You and I both know if your jeans don’t fit, you’ve put on weight!
Give up the obsession with the food and start eating normal, healthy food. If you can’t do this, you’ve got to dig deep and find out what is wrong. Because there’s more at play here.
Are you self-sabotaging… why? Are you sad or unhappy about something? Do you comfort eat? You’ve got to address these problems or get someone else to help you through this.
You’re an amazing person. You’re worth way more than you weigh. Food should be loved because it’s an amazing gift. Workout to feel good, eat well to feel good, enjoy your weekends and love yourself <3
The Empowerment Coach
Owner, Inspire Fitness