10 Easy Ways to A Flatter Stomach
Most women dislike their stomach, and it’s the area of the body that most women would love to see improved. When it comes to a flatter stomach, it’s all about the small things you do daily, and not any grand big gestures.
Stomach exercises, before bed, when you wake up, are not going to do anything for your stomach, apart from increase the muscles, UNDERNEATH the fat. And that’s not what you want. You want a flatter, more toned, healthier stomach.
Having kids, your diet, a lack of exercise, doing the wrong exercises, a slow metabolism, stress, caffeine, sugar… there’s a lot of factors that contribute to a stomach that you’re not comfortable with.
And not being comfortable with a part of your body can lead to a lack in confidence, and a lack in confidence can prevent you from getting the most out of every situation, so it’s important we address this.
- The type of exercise you do has got to be resistance training mixed with interval training. If you’re not doing this type of training, you’re only making life harder on yourself. It has been scientifically proven that interval training will deliver you the best results, in the shortest amount of time.
- Cut carbohydrates out after 5pm from your diet. My favourite one. I’ve been using this strategy with my members since I opened up my first studio in 2009. Cut out carbs completely? You’re only going to crash and burn. Over eat on carbs, just a little bit? You’re never going to lose weight. The perfect balance? Eat them for breakfast, lunch, and have a carbohydrate free dinner.
- KISS… Standing for keep it simple silly! 🙂 Are you complicating everything? Separate meals for you, different for your kids/husband?? Why???? Make a spaghetti bolognese for the family, leave out the pasta for yourself, and have some courgetti instead. You’re over-thinking it too much.
- Hungry late at night? What’s stopping you from having a big bowl of soup? It’s better than having a sandwich, cereal, oatcakes… all carbohydrates by the way. You’ve got to think outside the box a little bit more.
- Sugar free. You’ve got to give up the biscuits Monday to Friday. If you’re not willing to do that, you’ve got to stop reading this blog post.
- Choice. Learn the importance of every decision you make. Will eating one packet of biscuits make you gain 3 stone? No, but consistently, over time, it did. It’s all about the small daily choices we make, that lead to success, or failure.
- Cheese. How much do you eat every day? Do you have it more than once per day? A good rule of thumb is to eat it at one meal only.
- Snacks. Do you snack? If you don’t, you’re probably slowing your metabolism down, especially as you get older.
- Protein. At every single meal. Its going to be a game changer for you.
If this list helps you, I want to know. Please share it with someone who you think may need it.
Committed to your success,